Vegetarian Pizza with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s magic bread dough and roasted tomato sauce
Courtesy of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Pizza dough for 6 small pizzas:
- 250g white or brown bread flour
- 250g plain white flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 325ml warm water
- About 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful coarse flour for dusting
- Roasted tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Feta cheese
- In a bowl, mix the flours, yeast, salt and water to form a sticky dough.
- Mix in the oil, then turn out on to a clean work surface and knead until smooth and silky.
- Shape into a round, and leave to rise for about 1 hour in a clean bowl, covered with a plastic bag, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven as high as it will go.
- Take a lime-sized piece of dough and roll it into a 5mm thick round.
- Dust a rimless baking sheet with coarse flour, lay the dough on it, add your toppings and slip the pizza from the sheet on to a hot baking tray.
- Bake until any cheese is bubbling and the base is taking on some colour, typically seven to nine minutes.