We are two South African yogis who have been living and practicing yoga in Europe for much of the last decade. Having recently returned to South Africa, we’ve been surprised at how hard it is to find information on teachers, studios and holidays in South Africa, and also at how many misconceptions still surround yoga in South Africa.
Through South Africa Yoga, we hope to:
- Create an accurate directory of studios, teachers and retreats/holidays, allowing those new to yoga to find a suitable class more easily and help experienced yogis try out new classes too
- Shatter some of the myths around yoga through articles, links, interviews and resources
- Assist international teachers coming to South Africa in planning retreats and workshops and run regular features on international yoga holidays to inspire South African travellers
- Strengthen the South African Yoga community by creating an events calendar and providing a well-read forum for views and exchanges of ideas
- Give something back through Seva projects
- Have a lot of fun along the way…
We’re conscious that this is an ambitious mission and a long journey, and we’ll only be successful with the support of many. So if you have any ideas, suggestions, gripes or just want to say hi, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Monique and Dillon